CREAM CHEESE AND CHICKEN TAQUITOS
You will love these Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos filled with cream cheese, salsa, cheese, sour cream and spinach.
3 cups chicken cooked and shredded
6 oz cream cheese softened
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup salsa
1 1/2 cups colby jack cheese
1 1/2 cups baby spinach chopped and stems removed
12 6 inch corn tortillas
vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Heat ½" oil in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, co-jack and spinach. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once oil is hot enough (place hand over pan, above oil, to feel heat), add a few tablespoons of chicken/cream cheese mixture to the center of a tortilla and spread out. Roll up and set seam side down in oil using tongs. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat until all the tortillas are filled, rolled and fried.
- Set on paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
adapted from : https://lilluna.com/cream-cheese-and-chicken-taquitos/