CREAMY ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA
Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta is a family favorite Italian pasta recipe! This easy pasta dish is full of savory sausage and a delicious, creamy, parmesan sauce and ready in 20 minutes!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
1 Pound Ground Italian Sausage
1 Pound Penne Pasta
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 Yellow Onion Minced
2 Cloves Garlic Minced
1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups Heavy Cream
5 Ounces Baby Spinach
1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the penne pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the Italian sausage along with the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Drain excess fat from the skillet if necessary and return the meat mixture to the pan.
- Turn the heat to low and add the cream to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and add in the spinach.
- Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until melted. Stir the pasta into the sauce.
- Serve immediately.